Friday, December 6, 2013

Introducing... [&] by SuzieCurlMichael: An All Natural Body & Hair Care Line

Needless to say, it has been a long time since I’ve posted a blog… But I’ve been busy in the lab (insert, conscious rapper voice here). I’ve been painstakingly researching, mixing, remixing, testing (and repeating), for the past few months developing what has become  [&] by SuzieCurlMichael (pronounced And by SuzieCurlMichael): An all natural line of multi-purpose beauty products designed to nurture your body & hair naturally. 



Months ago, I embarked on a mission to surmount the rigid 3-1-1 liquid rules imposed by TSA & bypass the outrageous bag fare fees airlines began to levy on customers left with no other choice but to have their precious liquids: 
A. Checked (for a hefty fee) 
B. Chucked (into the TSA trashcan) 
C. Crammed (into a tiny, that'll last about a day, container) 
 

Aside from doing anything that would undoubtedly get me arrested (what would Jeromey Romey, Romey, Rome think?), chartering a private plane home for the holidays (now, where did I hide those bricks of gold?), or tapping into my Washington connections to influence FAA policy change (3 degrees of separation is STILL 3 degrees), I needed a product which I could use for more than just one purpose. 

When I struggled to find a product on the market that could be used to nurture my skin & my hair I decided to begin making my own. I found that I got more bang for my 3.4oz buck with my butter than I did with other lotions or oils (a little really does go a long way). When the family & friends I visited became more of a threat to my precious 3.4(ish)oz container of butter than the TSA… [&] by SuzieCurlMichael was born. (I'd like to take this time to apologize for any over usage of the ampersand ("&" symbol) ... but brand recognition is serious business).

Our first (and signature) product is our Body & Hair Butter. Hand-crafted in Los Angeles, CA our butter is made of all natural Shea Butter*, Cocoa Butter*, Coconut Oil*, Olive Oil*, Almond Oil, Avocado Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil*, Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, Rosehip Seed Oil*, & Vitamin E (*Certified Organic Ingredient). 

Rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, D, & E our butter readily penetrates the skin locking in much needed moisture, enhancing softness, & increasing elasticity without leaving a greasy residue. It’s also great as a moisturizer for the hands, nails, feet, lips, & belly (thanks for being our belly butter guinea pig Baby Momma Bina). Those with straight or finer tresses can use the butter as a pre-shampoo deep moisturizing treatment by massaging the butter into the scalp & working it through the hair to the ends then shampooing as usual. Those with curly or thicker hair can apply as needed to damp or dry hair applying to the hair, scalp, & delicate ends for added moisture. The butter can also be used as a moisturizing setting cream for natural hair styles. 

[&] by SuzieCurlMichael is currently available in 8oz. & 4oz. sizes through our Etsy store which can be accessed by clicking here or clicking the [&] by SuzieCurlMichael logo on the left side of the blog homepage.

I am SO excited for this new chapter of SuzieCurlMichael. I thank you all for your continued support & I am SO happy to be back! 

Ciao (for now). 

SCM.





No comments:

Post a Comment